Chickpea and Sweet Potato Tikka Masala
This simple chickpea and sweet potato tikka masala recipe from Tideford only takes 30 minutes to prepare and does just the trick.
100% vegan, this warm and wholesome meal serves 4 and is perfect for all the family.
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- Freshly chopped coriander plus extra for garnish.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 140g basmati rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube or 200ml fresh vegetable stock
- 1 pot of Tideford Organics Vegan Tikka Masala
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 sweet potato, peeled + diced into 1cm chunks
- 3 tbsp of soya yoghurt
Place the basmati rice in a pan of water + add the vegetable stock. Add seasoning if required.
Bring to the boil + simmer until tender.
Meanwhile, place the Tikka sauce, chickpeas + sweet potato in a pan + bring to a simmer. Bubble gently for 10-15 minutes.
Drain the rice + keep warm.
Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan + add the spinach, chilli, onion + coriander. Fry until the onion is starting to brown slightly + then add the rice + turn off the heat.
Stir in the vegetables gently so that the rice doesn’t break up.
Serve topped with the Tikka sauce + dress with the soya yoghurt + a little coriander.
Sign up for our email newsletter for top tips on sustainable living, and be the first to hear about our campaigns for nature-friendly food and farming.