Forest Management Training Course
Forest Management Course including Generic FSC® Training
(Accredited to FSC-PRO-20-004)
This blended training course is comprised of 18 - 24 hours online e-learning and 5 days in-person training.
The in-person training includes an overview of the history and objectives of FSC, as well as:
- Overview of general requirements for FM application
- National and interim national standards and the role of the international generic indicators (IGI’s)
- FSC’s stakeholder consultation process and its application
- The FM certification process and certification decision making
- Group certification of FM
- Certification of small and low-intensity managed forest
- Social requirements within certification
- Legal and customary rights of indigenous peoples, as addressed in the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, national laws and indigenous laws
- Evaluation of high conservation values
- FSC’s pesticides policy and its implementation
- Forest certification for ecosystem services (ForCes)
- FM certification report writing
Who should attend?
Those who select and successfully complete the full FSC Auditing to ISO 19011, Forest Management or Chain of Custody courses will receive a valid training certificate as a crucial step towards becoming a qualified FSC auditor.
These courses may also be of interest to certificate holders looking for insight into what happens during an audit, non-governmental organisations involved in forest certification and other providers of certification services.
Standard price: £895 (inclusive of lunch, refreshments and materials)
If the course is taken in combination with blended FSC ISO 19011 remote training to be held via MS Teams in early November 2023, blended package price: £1,290.
Discounts available for not-for-profit and multiple and/or tailored bookings.
- Cancellation or 'no show' on the first day of the course: Full course fee
- Cancellation 7 days before the course start date: 50% of course fee
- Cancellation outside of 7 days, once invoice has been sent: 10% of course fee, unless we can fill the place on the course, then no fee
Register your interest
To register your interest for one of our courses or if you’d like any further information, please complete the form below. One of our team members will be in touch with available course dates and prices.
If you'd like information on applying for course discounts, please contact our Training team.