Forest Management Training Course
Forest Management Course including Generic FSC® Training
(Accredited to FSC-PRO-20-004)
This blended training course is comprised of 18 - 24 hours online e-learning and 4.5 days in-person training (5 days for remote).
The in-person training includes an overview of the history and objectives of FSC, as well as:
- Overview of general requirements for FM application
- National and interim national standards and the role of the international generic indicators (IGI’s)
- FSC’s stakeholder consultation process and its application
- The FM certification process and certification decision making
- Group certification of FM
- Certification of small and low-intensity managed forest
- Social requirements within certification
- Legal and customary rights of indigenous peoples, as addressed in the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, national laws and indigenous laws
- Evaluation of high conservation values
- FSC’s pesticides policy and its implementation
- Forest certification for ecosystem services (ForCes)
- FM certification report writing
Standard price: £900
Discounts available for not-for-profit and multiple and/or tailored bookings.
- Cancellation or 'no show' on the first day of the course: Full course fee
- Cancellation 7 days before the course start date: 50% of course fee
- Cancellation outside of 7 days, once invoice has been sent: 10% of course fee, unless we can fill the place on the course, then no fee
Register your interest
For more information on our training courses and course dates, please complete the registration form.