Roast Pork Tenderloin
Total time required 40 mins
• Preparation time: 20 mins
• Cooking time: 20 mins
• 2 packs Helen Browning's Ogranic Pork Tenderloins (www.ocado.com)
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 2 eating apples , cored and sliced
• 2 onions , sliced
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 14g butter
• Heat the oven to 210C. Rub the tenderloins all over with half of the vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and rub in until evenly coated.
• Heat the rest of the oil in an oven-proof frying pan. Add the tenderloins and cook, turning occassionally until evenly browned for 10 minutes. Transfer the pork onto a large plate.
• Add the onion and apples to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
• Whilst the apples and onions are cooking, rub the pork all over with the mustard, sprinkle with the black pepper and thyme and rub in until evenly coated.
• Place the pork tenderloins on top of the apples and onion and place in the oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the pork is cooked through.
• Transfer the pork to a large plate and cover with foil - let it rest for around 10 minutes. Put the pan with apples and onions back on the stove. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer, stirring all the time. Cook for a few minutes to reduce down slightly then add the butter and stir until it is melted. Slice the pork into 2cm slices and serve on top of the apples and onions.