Almond and Apricot Madeleines
In celebration of the BOOM awards, our BOOM Ambassador, Rosie Birkett has shared her delicious summer desert, apricot and almond madelines.
Ingredients - Serves 12
- 100g Rachel’s Slightly salted organic butter, melted and cooled
- 2 medium Abel and Cole Organic eggs
- 100g Tate & Lyle caster sugar (Ocado)
- 80g Tesco Organic self raising flour, sifted
- 20g Crazy Jack ground almonds 2 tsp almond essence (Ocado)
- 3 Crazy Jack organic ready to eat apricots, finely chopped (Ocado)
Going organic doesn't need to break the bank - you can prepare this recipe for just £3.60 (based on Tesco prices on 7th Sep 2017).
- Grease the madeleine tin really, really thoroughly with butter, then sprinkle with a light dusting of plain flour.
- Tip the tin upside down over the sink to remove any excess flour.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a whisking bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy. You can do this in a stand mixer if you have one.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Leave the batter to sit for 30 minutes, and preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Spoon (or if you have a piping bag, pipe) just under 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the madeleine holes, being sure not to overfill each hole - you need less mixture than you think because it will puff up.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until deeply golden and biscuity around the edges.
- As soon as you remove the madeleines from the oven, bash them out of the tin onto the worktop. Devour.