Charred Corn, Radish and Tomato Salad
“This seasonal summer salad make the most of juicy sweetcorn, sweet sun-ripened tomatoes and crispy radishes. I’ve paired this with a cumin and chilli dressing with lots of fresh herbs.”
Ingredients - Serves 2 as a main meal and 4 as a side
- 2 cobs of sweetcorn
- 100g summer tomatoes, quartered
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
For quick pickled onions
- 2 red onions or shallots, finely sliced
- 50ml apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh jalepeno or chipotle chilli, finely chopped
- Grill the corn on a barbeque or under a hot grill.
- Remove the kernels from the cob and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the vinegar, salt and sugar for pickled onions and mix with the finely sliced red onion.
- Heat a dry pan and lightly toast the cumin seeds.
- Mix the corn, tomatoes, radishes, cumin and coriander.
- Remove the sliced onion from the pickling juice and add to the salad.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar, shake well and season.
- Dress the salad and mix well.
Find out more about The Urban Kitchen here: theurbankitchen.co.uk