Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies
“The CRU team never got tired of me recipe testing these deliciously rich chocolate and peanut butter brownies. They were a massive hit in the office and I think you'll love them too. They're so moreish, it's hard to believe that they're gluten free. As you know, here at CRU, we like to add a little twist to our recipes and these squidgy, fudgey chunks of joy have a lovely depth of flavour which is down to the use of coffee flour. Coffee flour is so nutritionally rich - with more iron per gram than spinach, more potassium than bananas and more antioxidants than a pomegranate... you’d actually be doing yourself a disservice not to make them!”
- 250g organic dark chocolate (minimum 70% Cocoa solids)
- 250g organic unsalted butter
- 250g organic golden caster sugar
- 60g organic ground almonds
- 20g organic coffee flour
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 6 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons organic crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees. Grease and line a 23 x 23 cm baking tin with parchment.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the bowl isn't actually touching the water. Stir occasionally as the butter and chocolate melt. Once completely melted remove from the heat and stir until all the butter and chocolate are incorporated.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- In a separated bowl, add the ground almonds, coffee flour, cinnamon and salt, mix and then add to the chocolate butter mixture
- Add the eggs and whisk until incorporated in to the mixture.
- Pour the brownie mixture in to the prepared baking tin.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the top and swirl through the mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 - 30 minutes, until set around the edges but still with a slight wobble in the middle.
- Allow to cool and rest for 1 hour before removing from the baking tin and cutting in to bite sized pieces.
- Enjoy with a cup of CRU - what a treat!
CRU Kafe was founded in 2013 by three friends who wanted to get the best possible coffee out of their Nespresso® machines. Not happy with what was available on the market, we decided to make our own – and after a successful Kick Starter campaign, CRU Kafe was born.
Find more about CRU Kafe here: crukafe.com