Classic Barbecue Sauce
This barbecue sauce recipe from Aspall is super versatile and can be used to marinade meat and vegetables or even as a dip:
"There’s nothing like a good barbecue sauce to get our mouths watering. This versatile recipe can be used as a marinade or delicious sauce for your favourite barbecued meat or vegetables. If you don’t use it all at once it will keep in the fridge for several days."
- 5 tbsp Aspall Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp English mustard powder
- 120g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Knob of butter
- Mix the Aspall Red Wine Vinegar, mustard powder, brown sugar, water, chilli powder, pepper and a dash of Tabasco in a pan and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and a knob of butter and simmer for a further five minutes.
- Brush over ribs or chicken to create a sweet, hot, sticky glaze. Or enjoy as a dip with burgers and sausages.