Christmas Pudding Meringues
In the unlikely event that you have any leftover Christmas pudding then these meringues are the perfect way to use it!
- 300g egg whites
- 375g caster sugar
- 110g dark brown Muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 45g chopped walnuts
- 100ml chestnut puree
- Leftover Christmas pudding
- 500ml double cream, whipped
1. Put the sugar into the bowl with the egg white and mix well.
2. Place the bowl over a pan of hot water. Let it get to around 40c, whisking occasionally.
3. Once warmed through and combined, remove from the heat and pour into a big bowl whisking until cool.
4. Using two spoons, create large blobs of meringue and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
5. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and chopped walnuts
6. Cook at 110c for 1½-2 hours
7. To assemble, break up any leftover Christmas pudding and mix with the whipped cream.
8. Make a pile of the meringues and liberally mix in the whipped cream, Christmas pudding and chestnut puree as you go.