Green Pea & Quinoa Fusilli
If you like your greens... you’ll love this delicious Green Pea & Quinoa Fusilli with Watercress & Coconut Pesto, Fresh Peas & Spinach. It can be served as a main or salad.
Serves 3-4 - Prep time: 5 mins - Cook time: 10 mins
- 250g Clearspring Green Pea & Quinoa Fusilli
- 200g Bio Kitchen Organic / Demeter Garden Peas
- 100g Fresh Spinach Leaves
For the pesto
- 200g Fresh Watercress
- 100g Fresh Parsley
- 100g Fresh Mint
- 3 Medium Garlic Cloves
- 100-150ml Clearspring Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 ¼ tsp Traditional Unrefined Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and once it is rolling add the fusilli to cook for approx. 6 minutes or until tender and cooked. Add the peas a minute before the pasta is ready. Strain and leave aside.
- Add all the pesto ingredients to a blender or food processor using the smallest amount of coconut oil first and blend well till all smooth.
- If it is too thick then add the remainder of the coconut oil.
- Once the pesto is done serve up your pasta in dishes, spoon in 2-3 tbsp of pesto into each bowl and a portion of peas and mix in gently.
- Finish it off with some fresh spinach leaves on top.