Yeo Valley Turkey Gobbler
A deliciously heartwarming leftover dish perfect for a cold winters' night
- 500g leftover turkey meat
- 500ml turkey stock
- Any leftover vegetables you may have including parsnips, carrots, kale
- Chopped herbs Gobbler topping:
- 165g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 90g butter, cut into pieces
- 50g finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp Soured Cream, Double Cream or Natural Yogurt
- 100ml Milk
- Chopped herbs
1. To make the gobbler topping, sift the flour, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt into a bowl. Add the butter and rub in until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the herbs and the grated cheese.
2. Break the egg into a measuring jug and make up to 180ml with the milk. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the breadcrumb mix and combine.
3. Meanwhile, add the cooked leftover turkey to a suitable pan and cover with the turkey stock.
4. Bring to the boil, then place into an earthenware dish.
5. Chop up your leftover vegetables and add some chopped herbs. Combine with the turkey in the earthenware dish. Preheat the oven to 180C.
6. Spoon the gobbler mixture on top of the turkey in dumpling sized balls. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
Serve with leftover roasties warmed up.