Spinach, Coconut and Lemongrass Soup
This hearty, autumnal soup suggestion comes from the team over at Plenish Cleanse, providers of organic, cold-pressed juices and their famously nutritious nut M*lks.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thumb-sized hunk ginger, peeled & chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemon grass, external layers removed & finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Plenish Coconut M*lk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups spinach (150g)
- ½ ripe avocado
- pinch of flaky sea salt
Heat the sesame oil in a medium saucepan and gently sauté all the ingredients in the top section of this recipe for 10 minutes until soft.
Add the coconut m*lk and vegetable stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
Add in the spinach, avocado and salt and cook for 1 minute only, just to wilt the spinach sufficiently. Transfer to a blender and whizz until totally smooth. Squeeze over a drizzle of lime before serving!