Read Our Organic Standards
Read our Organic Standards
No system of farming has higher levels of animal welfare than organic farms working to our standards. Our organic standards use the EU organic regulation as their baseline, but in many cases our standards are more robust.
The current version of the standards are organised by sector below:
Health & Beauty
Standards for organic and natural health and beauty products. This includes the international COSMOS standard, and the Soil Association Health and Beauty standard.
An amendment to EC Regulation No 1235/2008 has been published. It covers arrangements for imports of organic products from third countries. Please find a link to this amendment (Regulation EU 2020/786) here.
For the most up-to-date versions of the EU Organic Regulations, including EC Regulation No 834/2007, EC Regulation No 889/2008, EC Regulation No 1235/2008 and the New Organic Regulation (EU) 2018/848, please follow the link here.
- European Commission Organic Farming
- EU importing guidelines
- Aquaculture: EU Production rules for aquaculture licensees are detailed in EU Regulation No 889/2008, with further amendments published via EU Regulation No 1358/2014
- Canada Organic Regime (COR): COR Scheme manual | COR Aquaculture Standard (and interpretation) | COR general management standard (and interpretation) | COR permitted substances list
- International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements - EU Group (IFOAM)
- IFOAM norms
- National Organic Program (NOP) - USDA Regulation