EU Equivalent Organic Standards
We have EU Equivalent Organic Standards available for licensees that wish to certify to EU only organic standards.
These organic standards encompass EU Regulations 834/2007, 889/2008 and 1235/2008, however they do not contain Soil Association higher standards.
You can read the EU Equivalent version of our standards by downloading the relevant documents below. These documents were last updated on 12th February 2021 for version 1.6, you can see a summary of the changes made in the supporting document section below
For further information on the latest updates please visit the Certification Updates page.
Following the end of the transition period for the UK exit from the EU, and agreement of a UK/EU trade deal, we have amended the Soil Association Standards to reflect changes to how organic regulations will be applied in the UK. The changes to the standards affect labelling and import requirements and explain how those aspects of the standards must be applied and implemented differently for products produced in Northern Ireland to other parts of the UK.Resources for licensees
Previous summary of changes documents
- V1.1 - Summary of standards changes - published 17th July 2019
- V1.2 - Summary of standards changes - published 9th January 2020
- V1.3 - Summary of standards changes - published 31st January 2020
- V1.4 - Summary of standards changes - published 30th April 2020
- V1.5 - summary of changes-published 25th November 2020