Food & Drink Standards
These standards set out the requirements for organic processing so you can produce and sell your products as organic using our symbol.
You can download our standards documents below. These documents were last updated on 12th February 2021 for version 18.6, you can see a summary of the changes made in the supporting document section below.
For further information on the latest updates please visit the Certification Updates page.
Following the end of the transition period for the UK exit from the EU, and agreement of a UK/EU trade deal, we have amended the Soil Association Standards to reflect changes to how organic regulations will be applied in the UK. The changes to the standards affect labelling and import requirements and explain how those aspects of the standards must be applied and implemented differently for products produced in Northern Ireland to other parts of the UK.Resources for Licensees
- V18.6 - Summary of standards changes - published 12th February 2021
- Annex: Sourcing Organic Ingredients - updated on 12th February 2021
- Annex: Research Derogation
Previous summary of change documents
- V18.1 - Summary of standards changes - published 17th July 2019
- V18.2 - Summary of standards changes - published 9th January 2020
- V18.3 - Summary of standards changes - published 31st January 2020
- V18.4 - Summary of standards changes - published 30th April 2020
- V18.5 - Summary of standards changes - published 25th November 2020