Served Here Award Points Calculator
For Silver and Gold
The Food for Life Served Here Standards currently only apply to food. Points will not be awarded for spend on drinks. Use the links below and the Food for Life Served Here Handbook to assess whether your menus are at Silver or Gold level.
Find out how it works for your sector
- Early Years
- Independent Schools
- Further and Higher Education
- Hospitals (patient/staff and visitor)
- Care Home Settings
- Workplace, Restaurants and Visitor Attractions
Each sector has its own calculator (an excel spreadsheet), which allows you to work out exactly what you need to know in your particular setting.
To achieve gold, you need at least 300 points including a minimum of:
- 100 for sourcing ethical and environmentally friendly food
- 50 for making healthy eating easier
- 20 for sourcing free range pork and poultry
- Plus 130 points from the above two categories and/or championing local food producers
To achieve silver, you need at least 150 points including a minimum of:
- 40 for sourcing ethical and environmentally friendly food
- 20 for making healthy eating easier
- Plus 90 points from the above two categories and/or championing local food producers
You will be asked to demonstrate how you achieved these figures at your inspection.
NOTE: If you are a vegetarian or vegan setting, please contact us on 0117 914 2406.