1. Select 'Fundraisers' on the left menu of your Facebook news feed (you may need to click the dropdown to 'see more'), or click here to go straight to the relevant page.
2. Click '+ Raise Money' on the left-hand side of your screen.
3. Select 'Charity'.
4. Search and select 'Soil Association' as your charity of choice.
5. Facebook will now automatically fill in a fundraising page for you, detailing the target amount you hope to raise and when the fundraiser should end. You can edit this on the left-hand side of your screen.
6. When your fundraiser is ready to go, click the 'create' button on the left-hand side of your screen.
7. Share your fundraiser on your newsfeed and tell your friends and loved ones!
Facebook will pre-fill all of the information needed to set up your fundraiser to keep things quick and easy for you, but you can still change and personalise your fundraiser if you'd like to.
On the left hand side of the screen, you can:
- Change the amount you're aiming to raise
- Change the end date of your fundraiser (these normally last 2 weeks, but you could run yours for longer if you want to!)
- Jazz up the title of your fundraiser - be sure to keep it clear who you're raising money for though!
- Update the information telling your friends why you're raising money. Whether you're passionate about saving the bees, eating organic produce, or restoring a safe climate for future generations, we'd love to know why you chose us as the lucky charity you're fundraising for, and so will your followers.
Setting up your fundraiser should be quick and easy, and we hope your friends and followers will be excited to support you by donating. Here are some tips to keep things moving along.
1. Make sure you share the fundraiser to your timeline as soon as you've created it.
2. Follow up with some friendly reminder posts - you could share the fundraiser to your timeline again, or comment on your first post to bring it back onto your friends' newsfeeds. We'd recommend re-sharing half way through and the day before your fundraiser is due to end.
3. Say thank you! If someone has donated to your fundraiser, be sure to 'like' their donation, or give them a quick thank you - it will make you all feel great!
Without swift action, our rivers will suffer. Cleaner rivers are possible – but the time to act is now 💧🍃 soilassociation.co/3AsoIAFYbs