No-Bake Carrot Cake Bars
Inspired by organic ambassador Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, these easy, no-bake carrot cake bars come from the founder of Nutcessity nut butters, Mike Duckworth.
From the delicious Roasted Walnut Espresso to the warming Gingerbread Spiced Almond butter featured in this recipe, you can find Mike's butters in Bristol, Bath, Clevedon and Warwick.
- 300g sliced carrots
- 200g dried apricots
- 100g Nutcessity Gingerbread Spiced Almond Butter
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Zest of 1 lemon + 1 orange
1. In a 'S' blade blender, whizz the carrots & apricots together into very small chunks.
2. Add the cardamom, coconut oil, nut butter and zest, then blend again until combined.
3. Pour into a large bowl and mix in the oats & seeds.
4. Pour this into a brownie tray and leave to set in the fridge for 3+ hours. Cut into slices and enjoy!