Fair For Life & For Life
Soil Association Certification deliver inspection services for Fair for Life and For Life schemes (owned by Ecocert) to existing Soil Association Certification licensees. We're the only UK organic inspection and certification body able to offer audit to these schemes in the UK.
Organic as a system considers its impact on people, animals, wildlife, society and the natural world thoroughly, but doesn’t go as far as to audit or certify social compliance. That’s where schemes like Fair For Life and For Life come in. Both schemes offer brands an opportunity to communicate fair treatment and shared value with supply chains.
What are Fair For Life & For Life?
Fair for Life and For Life is a rigorous, independent accreditation for responsible, fair trade end-to-end supply chains (and products) anywhere in the world. For businesses who are looking for CSR accreditation only, For Life is a sister scheme which provides the option for either full chain accreditation, products, or even single operator accreditation.
How are Fair for Life & For Life different?
Even in developed countries, labour laws may only offer limited protection to farm workers and marginalised communities. For businesses here in the UK, Fair for Life provides protection at all points in the chain where people might be at a socio-economic disadvantage.
Benefits of Fair for Life & For Life for your business
- Multiple scheme inspection services, for businesses who want to save time and money, and offer assurance to their customers on a wider range of ethical issues, by assessing:
- Social impact: Human rights, working conditions, fairness, democratic representation, social and community support.
- Equitability: Sharing value along the supply chain and delivering benefits for all workers.
- Best practice: Ensuring informed purchasing decision and managing performance and compliance.
- Environmental impact: Respect for biodiversity, reducing environmental impact in the supply chain and encouraging local sustainable development.
- Better connections with your supply chain: Fair For Life and For Life accreditation helps you build business relationships which help to reduce integrity risks.
- Connecting and enhancing both social and environmental benefits along the chain, helping your businesses better communicate your contribution to climate.
“Fair for Life exists to support sincere and committed actors who work closely with their trade partners and producers.”Laurent Lefebvre, Ecocert’s Head of Fair Trade
Find out more about Fair for Life & For Life Certification
Our Partnership with Ecocert International, enables Soil Association Certification to conduct Fair for Life and For Life audits of UK-based clients, on behalf of Ecocert.
If you are interested to learn more about how Fair For Life and For Life could help your business and would like to explore accreditation, we’ll support you through a three-step process:
- We'll arrange an initial exploratory meeting with a scheme expert from Ecocert to discuss accreditation needs and clarify which scheme element would be applicable.
- Your business will be asked to provide details of products and supply chain structure to determine scheme eligibility.
- Ecocert will generate a full quotation and invite you to submit a formal application.
Get in Touch
For more information on accreditation requirements, costs or how to make an initial assessment of your business suitability, existing Soil Association Certification clients should contact the team.Contact Us