Why certify with us?
Soil Association Certification is the UK’s leading organic certification body.
We certify over 90% of UK organic food processors (DEFRA, 2021).
With over 50 years’ experience in organic certification, we’re the trusted organic experts, with dedicated technical, inspection and certification teams and a wealth of practical knowledge and expertise to support your business.
It's really important to us and our customers that our product comes with the very best organic credentials. Our Soil Association stamp is a guarantee that everything we do is to the highest standards of animal welfare and sustainability.Anna Elliot, Eversfield Organic
A growing market
The organic market is booming and continues to outperform non-organic, with 23% market growth since 2019. In 2021 the organic market grew by 5.2%, and Soil Association Certification organic businesses reported sales above market growth at 11%.
There are exciting opportunities for businesses who are committed to producing food in a way that works with nature, not against it, for the benefit of people, wildlife and the planet.
Organic Market Report 2022
The Organic Market Report contains more information and is free for licensees. Find out more about the OMR here.Learn more about our Organic Market Report
A symbol of integrity
As an independently inspected and fully regulated standard, organic certification truly represents food you can trust. By certifying with us, you are providing assurance to your customers that your products or enterprises meet some of the highest available organic standards.
Certifying organic to Soil Association standards means you will unlock access to the Soil Association organic symbol, the most widely recognised and trusted organic symbol in the UK, enabling you to display it on-pack, on your website and across your marketing activities.
The support we get as an organic business from Soil Association Certification is fantastic, from the certification process to the events and market insight. It’s good to know we are part of something bigger making meaningful and positive change.Steph Norman, Norlo Coffee
Benefits of certification
By certifying with Soil Association Certification your business will be able to take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits, with additional marketing and supply chain support helping you to add value to your products:
- Certification support: practical and efficient support from a dedicated Certification Team
- Standards interpretation: specialist support regarding current and upcoming regulations from an experienced, knowledgeable team
- Up to the minute communications: including technical, legal and standards information via email and webinars
- An exclusive Soil Association Certification licensee portal, where you can manage your certification admin online, at your own convenience
- Combined inspections to help you save time, keep costs down and avoid duplication
Market and industry insights
- Free copy of the Organic Market Report - an annual, industry-recognised publication full of market insights worth £100
- Exclusive event invites: including our annual Trade Conference, Organic Learning Days and representation at the UK's largest food and drink trade shows
- Regular email communication to keep you updated on the latest market data and organic in the press, as well as industry events and market opportunities
Support with supply chain and routes to market
- Support with integrity and supply chain transparency through reports, insight and access to technology trials
- Trade networks: we hold relationships with major retailers and independents, providing opportunities to meet buying teams
- Access to foodservice: FREE membership to our Food for Life Served Here Supplier Scheme (worth £1,100), allowing you to reach over 300 caterers
- Support for exporters to access rapidly growing markets through regular briefings, market reports and opportunities to join us at key trade shows
Safeguarding organic integrity for your business
- As a not-for-profit business, surplus income is gift aided to the Soil Association charity to raise awareness of, develop, and safeguard the organic sector
- Improving organic regulation: we lobby at government level on your behalf, advocating for the future of organic farming and food
- Representation at industry forums: including the WRAP UK Plastics Pact and Standards boards
Support for start-ups
- An exclusive business support package for start-up businesses, set up in partnership with Bread & Jam and Young Foodies, which offers invaluable knowledge, insight and resources for start-up food and drink businesses
Access to marketing resources and materials
- Soil Association organic symbol: access to the UK’s most widely recognised and trusted organic symbol
- Free print and digital marketing materials to help you tell your unique organic story and communicate the benefits of organic
- Marketing campaigns: a chance to get involved with our award-winning campaigns, including the prestigious BOOM Awards and Organic September
- Discounted opportunities to advertise in Living Earth, the Soil Association Charity members and supporters magazine
Start the journey to organic certification today
For more information, visit the "Apply for Organic Certification" page below or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for Organic Certification