- Soil Association
- Food & Drink
- Why certify with us?
- Start-up support package
Start-up business support package
At Soil Association Certification, we’re committed to promoting the growth of the organic industry.
This starts with supporting young businesses.
As the wave of planet-centric public opinion grows, so too do the opportunities in organic. We are seeing strong year-on-year market growth as conscious consumers choose environmental and sustainable alternatives to add to their baskets.
We understand how tough it is to get a start-up off the ground, so we’ve partnered with Bread & Jam and Young Foodies to offer an exclusive start-up business support package, so we can aid you in navigating both organic certification and starting a business. You’ll receive our market-leading certification support, in addition to business support from Bread & Jam and Young Foodies, who are providing exclusive discounts on events, resources and training to help you get started in the food and drink industry.
What you’ll get
Set up by Soil Association Certification in partnership with Bread & Jam and Young Foodies, this exclusive start-up package offers invaluable knowledge, insight and resources for food and drinks businesses applying for organic certification.
Soil Association Certification Support
Soil Association Certification is the leading organic certification body in the UK, certifying over 70% of all organic certified food and drink businesses. Not only will your start-up business benefit from our leading technical expertise, organic market insights, trade and export support and event and marketing opportunities available when you certify with us, but you’ll enjoy a range of additional extras to take advantage of as part of our exclusive package.
Exclusive Start-Up Business Support Package Benefits:
- Priority attendance at our Meet the Buyer events.
- Bespoke webinars focused on business support topics, such as the Organic Market Report, marketing organic or any upcoming regulation changes.
- An exclusive Best of Organic Market awards (our award-winning BOOM awards) category: Best of Organic Start-Up Businesses.
- Exclusive discounts on memberships, events and training from our package partners to support you with the starting and then upscaling your business potential.
Bread & Jam
Bread & Jam run a high-quality programme of online events for food and drink brands and entrepreneurs entering the market. Gain discounted access to webinars, deep training sessions, motivational panels and virtual meetups all of which are focused on developing long-term skills and short-term online sales.
Exclusive Soil Association Certification Discount:
- 15% off all Bread & Jam events
- £50 off ticket price for Bread and Jam Festival
Young Foodies levels the playing field for the best brands to thrive. They now run the UK’s largest community of more than 1,000 of the fastest-growing consumer brands, and provide a series of services to scale them even faster. If you're serious about growth: whether it’s establishing commercial strategy, recruiting effective teams, running and scaling supply chains, marketing and PR support, or simply connecting to industry peers, the Young Foodies portfolio of services is here to support you.
Exclusive Soil Association Certification Discount:
- • 5% off all of Young Foodies Specialist Training Courses - delivered by highly experienced industry professionals, the Learning & Development team at Young Foodies have curated rewarding and comprehensive courses covering all areas of running a consumer brand, including Amazon, sales, finance, and so much more.
• 5% off Young Foodies Community Annual membership - their training is the best rated in the industry and sells out fast. Access to the Community is exclusively for brands that are scaling fast and have exceeded the first £250k in annual turnover. Community members enjoy a whole host of benefits from peer to peer learning and industry discounts.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this exclusive start-up business support package, you must meet the following criteria:
- Less than 5 employees
- Been operating (i.e. registered with Companies House) as a business for 3 years or less from date of application
- An organic food or drink manufacturer or brand-holder (excluding companies that are only applying for wholesalers and storage certification, EU processors and those importing products which are not their own branded products.)
Already a certified licensee?
You can apply for start-up support too. Get in touch today to discover how to benefit from this package here
Get in Touch
Get in touch with our dedicated team to find out more about organic certification and the Start-Up business support package.Get in Touch
Young Foodies founders, Thea and Chris, share a vision to make challenger brands mighty. They recognise that consumerism has changed for the better. Challenger brands are fuelling innovation, and Young Foodies level the playing field for them to thrive.Read more
Bread & Jam is a celebration of the food and drink industry’s entrepreneurial spirit. They run a program of events throughout the year and a 3-day festival with a wide range of insightful speakers.Read more
In this section...
Wanting to go organic?
Get in touch with our dedicated team to find out more about organic certification and the Start-Up business support package.