Coffee Flour Granola
“This granola is full of chewy, nutty goodness. It’s gluten free and high in fibre because it’s jam packed with grains, nuts and dried fruit. The coconut oil adds fragrant notes as does the honey which is the only sweetener used. I think this granola goes brilliantly with a thick, creamy natural yoghurt and poached fruit. Alternatively, it can be used as a crumble topping or sprinkled on ice cream. We recommend making it in bulk and storing in airtight jars. Although, considering how moreish it is, it probably won’t last that long!”
- 75g organic coconut oil
- 150g local organic honey
- 1 tsp Maldon salt
- 250g jumbo gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons organic coffee flour
- 50g flaked almonds
- 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g pecans, roughly chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 25g chia seeds
- 25g sesame seeds
- 50g organic coconut shavings
- 2 organic egg whites
- 6 medjool dates, stones removed and sliced
- 75g organic dried apricots, chopped
- 50g organic dried sour cherries
- Heat the oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put the oil, honey and salt together in a small pan and heat gently until the oil has melted and they're all well combined. Take off the heat and allow to cool
- Mix the dry ingredients, apart from the fruit, in a large bowl.
- Stir the honey and oil into the bowl
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy, then stir through the mixture.
- Spread out on the baking sheet and bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden, stirring occasionally so it cooks evenly.
- Leave to cool and crisp up on the tray, then stir in the dried fruit.
CRU Kafe was founded in 2013 by three friends who wanted to get the best possible coffee out of their Nespresso® machines. Not happy with what was available on the market, we decided to make our own – and after a successful Kick Starter campaign, CRU Kafe was born.
Find more about CRU Kafe here: crukafe.com