Mediterranean Chicken and Chia Burgers
Cook chicken thighs or use leftover chicken roast to create these great burgers with chia seeds:
"An easy recipe for chicken burgers with added superfoods, quinoa and chia, flavoured with basil and sun dried tomatoes"
Serves 4 / makes 8 burgers
- 4 (about 240g) cooked chicken thighs or leftover roast chicken – skinned and boned
- 100g quinoa -cooked as per packet instructions and well drained (250g cooked weight)
- 1 large egg – beaten
- 2 tbs Rainforest Foods Chia Seed
- 1 tbs fresh basil – chopped
- 1 tbs sun dried tomatoes – chopped
- 1 tbs plain flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbs light olive oil
- Put the chicken into a food processor or chopper and whizz until shredded. Place in a bowl and add all the other ingredients apart from the flour and mix well. Add enough flour so the mixture will stick together and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 8, and shape into round patties, each about 2cm thick, place on a plate cover with cling film and pop into the fridge for a few hours to firm up.
- Fry over a medium in the olive oil for about five minutes each side until golden brown and hot all the way through.
- Serve with salad, or in a burger bun.
Recipe and photography Helen Best-Shaw - www.fussfreeflavours.com
@FussFreeHelen on twitter