The Time is Now: a mass lobby for climate change
Thank you to all of our members, supporters and staff who joined us in the largest mass lobby for climate and the environment the UK has ever seen.
The lobby took place in London, on Wednesday 26th June. Over 10,000 people turned out and together, as organisations and citizens, we sent a message to MPs and policy makers – The Time Is Now.
Over 200 MPs came out to meet their constituents face-to-face and hear what we had to say on why we must take action on climate change and pass ambitious laws that create a healthier world for nature and people.
You can still take part
If you weren't able to make it on the day, you still have a chance to have your say about why change is needed now by lobbying your MP.
What did we ask MPs for?
Along with the climate coalition, we were all lobbying for MPs to:
- To take action to reach the net zero emissions target for the UK by 2050
- Provide stronger protections for our natural world by setting a strong Environment Bill
Alongside these main asks, we want to go even further, asking policymakers to…
- Prioritise climate and nature friendly farming methods, like organic, which builds up carbon in the soil and avoids using energy intensive and polluting artificial fertiliser
- Get more trees onto active farmland (known as “agroforestry”) which locks up carbon while still producing food
- Give and enable practical advice and support for citizens to move to more sustainable diets
We are in a climate emergency. Our awareness of the challenges faced by our planet – from the impact of climate change to the global loss of wildlife – has never been higher. And this summer, MPs have the chance to take action on climate change, and do it in a way that restores land, protects wildlife and improves diets.