Payments for organic farmers - what are the latest opportunities?
In a period of substantial change for farming, it is encouraging to hear that support for organic will continue in 2019. What you can apply for will depend on where you're based.
Organic Maintenance & Conversion Payments in:
- Northern Ireland - 2019 WINDOW NOW CLOSED: APPLICANTS HAVE UNTIL 1ST JAN 2020 TO REGISTER WITH AN APPROVED CERTIFICATION BODY
- England - WINDOW FOR 2019 NOW CLOSED
- Scotland - WINDOW FOR 2019 NOW CLOSED
- Wales - NOW CLOSED -- WINDOW OPENS IN 2019
Basic Payment Scheme
The last round of support payments for farmers was agreed in 2013 and will remain in force from 2016 - 2020. The new scheme involves greening requirements for the first time. Organic farmers are exempt from these requirements as they are deemed to be green already. Find out what the scheme means for you with our guides and direct links to official website:
"At the end of the day the Soil Association is the most-recognised organic certifier, world-wide, and its strict rules on animal welfare are important for our customers."
- Henry Rossiter, Estate Director, Belmont Estate Farm (in conversion)