Organic Served Here Award
The UK's only organic award for restaurants and cafes
Soil Association Certification is the UK’s leading organic certification body, and you'll see our logo on 70% of all organic products.
With our stamp of trust and credibility, Organic Served Here is a high-profile, affordable way to:
- Raise the profile of eateries that source sustainable organic food and drink
- Help ethically-minded diners to find organic restaurants and cafes near them
- Reassure your customers that the organic menu options are certified organic. This signals that your business sources fully traceable and high-quality organic ingredients that are produced to the highest standards of care and animal welfare, with minimum impact on the environment.
In addition, you will receive our promotional support including a listing on our growing online database of organic restaurants.
How does the award work?
Soil Association Certification awards businesses one to five stars, depending on organic expenditure. The higher the spend on organic vs non-organic, the more stars the business will receive:
- Five stars: 95 - 100% organic spend
- Four stars: 75- 95% organic spend
- Three stars: 50 - 75% organic spend
- Two stars: 25 - 50% organic spend
- One star: 15 - 25% organic spend
Organic is bigger than ever
According to our 2018 Organic Market Report, the organic market is bigger than ever before (£2.2bn) and organic food and drink in foodservice has risen 10.2% over the last year.
There is an unmet need for eating out sustainably
Given that 1.5% of the UK food and drink market is organic, our recent Eating Out Sustainably survey clearly demonstrates that organic is overwhelmingly on the brain when eating out:
- 50% agreed that they would be more likely to choose a restaurant that highlights ethical or sustainable credentials
- 67% believe that it is not easy to tell if a restaurant or cafe sells organic food or drink
- 47% agreed that there aren’t enough restaurants that serve ethically or sustainably sourced dishes
- 41% agreed that seeing a dish in a restaurant described as organic makes it more appealing
Trust and Provenance
The nature of the certification process means that any organic produce can always be traced and trusted.
We've condensed the need-to-knows about the Organic Served Here award into a handy downloadable leaflet.
How do I apply?
Applying is easy and we will guide you at every step:
- Email email@example.com or fill out the online form below for your Organic Served Here application pack.
- We will send you an application form and a spend calculator, which you fill out with a typical month’s food invoices. You’ll find out your star rating straight away.
- If you’re a few percentage points off your desired rating, we can help you source more organic in your area.
- Return your application form, calculator and payment. Once we verify your spend, that’s it! We issue your award!
What Support Will You Receive?
- Use of our logo on your front door, menus and website
- Free marketing materials including: your certificate, door sticker, Z-cards and poster
- Free marketing toolkit to help you communicate your organic credentials
- Free updates on the organic market and insights into the organic consumer (Organic Market Report RRP £100+VAT)
- An online map, hosted by The Soil Association, so that consumers can find you
- Advice on finding certified organic suppliers
- Promotional opportunities through the Soil Association including our annual Organic September campaign
Plate up organic this Organic September
We're challenging chefs to choose organic this September as part of our Organic September campaign. Whether it's switching to something organic like eggs or dairy, or creating an 'Organic September' menu option, the Organic September Menu Challenge is a great way of dipping your toes in to organic!
Sign up today
Join our exclusive group of trailblazing award holders. Please contact us using the form below:
Find out more...
Looking for a great place to eat organic?
What our licencees have to say about Organic Served Here...
It’s easy to market because the name ‘Organic Served Here’ says exactly what it is, so as a mark of achievement, it’s a great thing to be able to tell customers about. In practical terms, working out the percentage of organic spend is not overly complicated, so it isn’t a massive commitment in terms of time. It’s just being rewarded for doing what you’re doing anyway, plus a bit of an incentive to go the extra mile (we’re determined to get 5 stars next time!).Lucy Gatward The Better Food Company