Forest Management Training Course
Forest Management Course including Generic FSC® Training
(Accredited to FSC-PRO-20-004)
This blended training course is comprised of 18 - 24 hours online e-learning and 3.5 days in-person training.
The in-person training includes an overview of the history and objectives of FSC, as well as:
- Overview of general requirements for FM application
- National and interim national standards and the role of the international generic indicators (IGI’s)
- FSC’s stakeholder consultation process and its application
- The FM certification process and certification decision making
- Group certification of FM
- Certification of small and low-intensity managed forest
- Social requirements within certification
- Legal and customary rights of indigenous peoples, as addressed in the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, national laws and indigenous laws
- Evaluation of high conservation values
- Controlled Wood evaluation and certification
- FSC’s pesticides policy and its implementation
- Non-timber forest products (NTFP)
- Forest certification for ecosystem services (ForCes)
- FM certification report writing
Standard price: £900
Discounts available for not-for-profit and multiple and/or tailored bookings.
For more information on our training courses and course dates, please contact us.
- Cancellation or No Show on the first day of the course: Full course fee
- Cancellation 7 days before the course start date: 50% of course fee
- Cancellation outside of 7 days once invoice has been sent: 10% of course fee unless we can fill the place on the course, then no fee.