FSC® and PEFC™ Forest Management
Certify with us
More than ever, consumers want reassurance that their paper, furniture or floorboards aren’t causing damage to people or the environment.
If the forest you manage is certified, your customers know that it meets independently verified standards that take social, environmental and sustainable business practices into account.
Soil Association Certification Forestry are accredited to audit and administer Forest Management certificates on behalf of two major organisations, the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification™ (PEFC™).
We can help you get certified for forest management under the following schemes:
- FSC and PEFC – We offer forest management certification in regions all over the world and have helped develop national standards internationally.
- Small or low intensity managed forests (SLIMF) – We certify forests of all sizes and can offer small forests reduced procedures and costs.
- Non timber forest products How to certify high value products such as cork, baobab, latex and maple syrup
- Controlled Wood – If your forest doesn’t comply with all ten of the FSC principles yet, it may still be eligible for this partial certification.
- Forest VLC – Our Verification of Legal Compliance (VLC) verifies that you’re compliant with national laws, so that your timber can be traded in international markets.
Forest management stakeholder resources
- Standards Our generic standards adapted for different environments and situations around the world.
- Stakeholder consultations – Effective engagement with stakeholders is an integral aspect of FSC and PEFC FM Certification.
- Forest Management audit reports – All of our FM audit reports are made publicly available once a certificate has been granted.
- Case studies – Read about our customers’ experiences around the world.